The task (which we will discuss in class on W 6/3):
- Write an analysis identifying the following in relation to Moon:
- The most notable or interesting uses of mise-en-scène.
- The most notable or interesting uses of the camera.
- The most notable interesting uses of sound as it relates to your reading of mise-en-scène.
- I will look first at the precision and formality of your language. Be as specific and as technical as possible.
- Note that you will be able to check the film out on DVD from Hamersly Library. You can also rent Moon in HD from Amazon.
- I will also be looking at how clearly you explain your interpretation in visual terms. Being articulate is more important than being "right."
- I will also be looking at how carefully your analysis is composed and edited and that you have addressed each of the required points for each image.
- I think that two to four single-spaced pages is a reasonable guideline for length.
- You should submit your assignment via Moodle by W 6/10 at 7:50 pm. Additional details on Moodle.
- This assignment is worth ten (10) points.